Sunday, February 9, 2014

Baby, It's Cold Outside!!!


Man, it is cold outside.  Have you been smoking much?  I haven't.  Too darn cold!  Do I still live in Texas or somewhere North of here?  Come on spring!  

Well, since I haven't been smoking, how was I going to fill that BBQ void on my own without buying it anywhere?  Easy!  I broke out the frozen brisket today under the advice of my wife.  What a great idea.  I always vacuum pack my leftovers so they are easy to reheat.  We boiled a couple of those bags of brisket, chopped them up real good and made us some brisket tacos and tostadas.  What a great idea!  

Two things.... never throw away those BBQ leftovers.  They will go a long way when you need to fill that BBQ hole in your gut.  Second.  Invest in a vacuum sealer.  It is more than worth it.  You can save so many things and make your food and dollar go so much farther.  

Let me know what you do to make the BBQ budget last and enjoy BBQ on days that make it tough to do!

And hey...Keep on Smokin!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment