Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Smoking Gun!

I know in these times mentioning a smoking gun is not politically correct but it is exactly the right thing to say.  I was caught in Houston yesterday and decided to drive home instead of fly.  I decided to take advantage of that and grab some BBQ.  (you are surprised by that, right?)  Right there on the side of I-45 is a gas station called Woody's Smokehouse.  I have been there several times and like it every time.  Woody's being a gas station has a ton of stuff, like jerky, homemade canned goods, and bagged candy and nuts.  They do have a very unique smoker which I have pictured below.  They are famous for their smoker as it is literally, a smoking gun!  The BBQ is good and is always consistent.  I would not say the BBQ is remarkable but it is good. I just had a chopped beef sandwich.  The portion was a good size but they were a little stingy with the sauce.  I would say that Woody's is a great place to go to get a good BBQ sandwich if you are on the move.  It will definitely hit the spot.

Tell me what your favorite roadside BBQ place is.  Let's hear from you and keep on smokin'!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment