Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Birmingham BBQ!!!

Faithful readers, you all know I travel for work, a lot.  The travel does get a bit old for a lot of reasons but there is one good thing about it.  I get to try a lot of BBQ!!  I am in Birmingham, Alabama today.  I spent this evening meeting with a bunch of CIO's and of course I wanted to find out where I should eat.  They definitely provided plenty of options but the leader was a place called Jim -n-Nick's.  So you can just guess where I went tonight.  Yep, McDo....I can't even finish that.  I made a bee line for Jim -n- Nick's.

One thing I love about eating in the "South" is the prominence of pimento cheese.  I love pimento cheese!  I mean really love pimento cheese.  I tried the appetizer plate they had and it was awesome!  I mean who wouldn't love pimento cheese, cheese biscuits and hot links?  The pimento cheese had big chunks of pimento peppers and the perfect mix of mayo and cheese.  The hot links were 2 full sized sausage links.  Biggest appetizer you can imagine.   I asked the bartender Chris what I should get.  He knew I was from Texas (is that really a surprise?) and suggested the brisket and I told him, "thanks but I would like to eat what you are famous for" and he immediately said two types of pig!  Score!  I got the pulled pork and baby back ribs.  The pulled pork was very good.  Very moist.  Very flavorful.  They put the exact right amount of sauce on the pork.  They didn't drown it, which was great.  The ribs were good with a good flavor.  They were a bit dry but the flavor was good.  I did like the way they put a couple of pickles on top of each piece of pork.  


Chris did a great job of selling the desserts and while I am sitting here typing this I really wish I would of got some of that banana pudding to go!

Jim-n- Nick's is a must stop when you are visiting Birmingham.  I really liked it and the service was awesome.  So if you are wanting some BBQ and a good time, stop by.  You will be so glad you did.  

Tell me about your favorite BBQ place on a road trip.  Thanks for listening and Keep On Smokin'!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment