Monday, August 13, 2012

Florida Fun!!

Good afternoon everyone!!  I hope everyone had a great weekend doing something fun and relaxing.  I know Shannon and I did!!

We just spent the best weekend with the best people in the world.  My aunt and uncle are just the best.  We arrived Friday night and my aunt had a room with robes, towels and assorted goodies for us to relax with and enjoy.  If you know me, you know I have a bit of a sweet tooth for chocolate and frosting.  I know...I know....  Well, of course the coolest aunt in the world had some chocolate frosting there for me.  See?  Coolest ever!  Well, we spent an entire weekend relaxing, laughing, joking, eating and smiling.  My uncle and I talked about firing up the grill but we decided no, let's make something else.  So yes, I agreed to not grill.  I guess there are things besides BBQ and grilling.  We all jumped in the kitchen, that includes a wonderful cousin and his beautiful wife, and made the best fish tacos ever.  My uncle is a master fryer.  The fish was light and perfect.  We had such an enjoyable dinner.  Followed by more laughter and stories.  Breakfast the next morning was amazing.  My cousin's wife made the most awesome German pancakes.  If you have never had them, you should definitely try them.  Ol' Southern Pancake House in Fort Worth by TCU has some wonderful ones (not as good as this weekend's though).  We wrapped the weekend with a dip in the pool.  So, what a wonderful weekend.  Thanks to my aunt, uncle, cousin and his beautiful wife.  Shannon and I had the time of our life and ate so good.  Here are some pics from the beach.....





So yes, I can eat things besides BBQ and I loved it.  So tell me what your favorite food is.  I would love to hear it.  As for me, I would love to have some of Grammy's fudge, just no nuts!

Keep on Smokin'!!!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you and Shannon were able to go and know your Florida family loves Shannon and glad she is a part of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As for me, I would like some of your Grammy's fudge with NUTS AND some of my Dad's BBQ Ribs, so good.

    ReplyDelete