Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The City by the Bay and Another Gig!

Howdy everyone!

I hope everyone had as good a weekend as I did.  Shannon and I spent the weekend in San Francisco and had an amazing time.  Let's see 68 degrees for a high temp or 106 degrees?  Hmmm.  I think I will take 68.  We walked so much and saw so many interesting people.  Haight street was interesting to say the least.  We went to a place called the Stinking Rose and had garlic ice cream.  If you have never had it, try it if you are ever out there.  That's all I will say.  Just try it.  

So I guess you are saying, "where is the BBQ tie?"  Well hold on to your shorts.  It is coming but I wanted to tell you how cool San Fran was but Texas is still the best, I don't care how hot it is.  We actually saw one sign on Haight street for a daily BBQ special that was for Texas BBQ.  Now, I of course had to stop by and see what that was about. First, Texas BBQ must have brisket.  No brisket.  It was only Texas BBQ Chicken.  Well, that is ok right?  Let's take a look at this Texas BBQ chicken.  Hmmm, covered in sauce.  Strike two.  No smoker anywhere?  Strike three.  I know San Fran isn't known for BBQ but I always check out BBQ no matter where I go.  So I checked it out and decided to stick with seafood, garlic and sourdough while in the city by the Bay.

One quick note.  TrinityBBQ had our second big gig.  It went well.  Lots of great feedback.  Sauce was another big hit.  My BBQ Chicken went fast!  Thank you to Tony Cachere for awesome Cajun Injection to make it a winner.  Lots of requests for more sauce.  Question for everyone.  If I were to start bottling the sauce, who all would want some?  What about if I sold my brisket and rib rub too?  Any interest?

Let me know!  Keep on Smokin!  Enjoy the Holy Smoke!!!


2 comments:

  1. Would love to purchase sauce, rub & brisket

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great for gifts or personal use! Do small batches and make us DEMAND more!!

    ReplyDelete