Thursday, August 16, 2012

Will the weekend ever get here?

I am finally heading home from Florida.  While the weekend and Monday morning were awesome, this week has been incredibly long.   I did do some hunting for BBQ joints in Miami. I found 2. One was closed and one was, well let's say I like a McRib more.  I guess it is hard to smoke a grouper, huh?  Hmm, as I am writing this I am creating.  Well, I'm not creating anything earth shattering, just something I am going to try.  Why not smoke a grouper? Why not smoke a catfish?  I will tell you why because catfish is best fried! But I do want to smoke some fish this weekend.  Time to make a new rub!  Woohoo.  Nothing more fun than rubbing your cod, huh?  I am thinking I will smoke a redfish. I am about to commit blasphemy but time to break out the gas smoker.  I have never used it but for fish, I think it will be best.  So if you want to give me a hard time about it, go ahead.  Seriously, let's hear your opinion on that.  I have friends that have used a gas smoker for years and it does an awesome job.  I am all for using whatever to create great food.  As long as you are loving what you are doing, why question it?  Smoke away and eat until you can't eat anymore!  

So I know I have talked about multiple things here but check back next week and see how the fish turns out.  I'm sure there will be pics on twitter(@trintybbq67) and Facebook (Trinity BBQ) so follow us or like us to check 'em out.  Keep on Smokin'

No comments:

Post a Comment