Monday, May 6, 2013

Birthday Bash!!!

Time to write up a little something different.  I know I usually write about BBQ places I visit but this evening time to write up a little bit different.  

I was invited to cook for a big birthday party last weekend.  It was a big b-day and they wanted something special to eat, so they called me.  I was quite honored to be asked to do this.  The evening started at midnight.  A good time to start a BBQ.  I got over and fired up the smoker and spent some good time talking to some folks from Iowa about how they did their BBQ.  I've found that when I fire up the VooDoo Child, people love to talk about hey they BBQ or grill and it is definitely fun and a good time to swap war stories.  I always learn something whether it is a seasoned vet or a rookie just starting.  Something my family taught me.  Look at every opportunity as an opportunity to learn.  You never stop learning.

So, eventually, everyone went to bed and it was just me and VooDoo doing our thing.


Now, we did have a couple of visits from some local coyotes and that was fun.  They got about six feet away and just wanted to say hello.

The product turned out pretty good and more importantly, everyone enjoyed the food.



So thanks for having us out!  We really enjoyed the evening and morning and so glad you enjoyed the food.  So Detlef, happy birthday and we at Trinity BBQ hope you have plenty more!!!

Tell us about your best birthday meal.  We would love to hear.  

Keep on Smokin!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment