Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Texas in Atlanta?! I Love It!!!

Ok, generally, when I see people say things like "just like Texas" or "authentic Texas Style BBQ or Steaks", I make a rude face and think to myself,  "see ya.  You ain't no Texas joint".  Well, I have to say that today in Atlanta, I was more than pleasantly surprised!

Fox Bros. BBQ is truly authentic Texas BBQ but with a twist.  Texas BBQ with southern style cooking.  You can get collard greens, black-eyed peas and fried okra.  I got mac-n-cheese for my side (sorry doc!)  The menu is definitely unique.  You can get your traditional BBQ items.  Pulled pork, (real) Texas Brisket, and smoked chicken.  No sausage, which was a little weird.  They also have smoked wings and tons of appetizers plus unique sandwiches.




I went a little bit different this time.  I usually do sampler platters but I always ask what they are famous for.  Fox Bros. is famous for something called the Fox Bros. Burger.  I had to bypass my usual sampler and try that.  I kicked off the lunch with smoked wings.  I have to tell you, those may have been the best wings I have ever had.  Sorry Plucker's but wow.  Those were awesome and not heavily fried, so even better. I finished off the wings and out came the burger.  Now understand.  The "burger" was actually chopped brisket covered with melted pimento cheese and peppered bacon with pickles, onion and jalapeno mayo.  The brisket was smoked perfectly and totally reminded me of authentic Texas brisket.  I can never find that outside of Texas so it was so refreshing (little note here.  The owners of Fox Bros. are from Fort Worth Texas so that answers how they know how to do their brisket so well!)  The "burger" was just amazing and it was huge, just like the wings.  Guess I have my dinner already in my hotel room with my leftover "burger"!!


Gotta tell you, if I gave out stars or thumbs up or whatever rating score other people use, I would give Fox Bros. BBQ my highest rating.  When you are in Atlanta, you have to try that place. You will be so happy you did!!!

Enjoy a great "burger" and Keep on Smokin!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment