Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Happy BBQ oh, I Mean Bday!

What better occasion for a BBQ than a Bday? Right?  Well we headed to Austin last weekend for a birthday party for a good friend.  We brought the BBQ house!  First, being in Austin and BBQ'n for the first time is a little intimidating.  I mean, come on, Austin and the Hill Country is where Texas BBQ if not born, it was certainly perfected there.  I expected a tough a crowd and prepared my best.  I will say I think it went great!  Aside from me needing to take trailer parking lessons, the weekend was awesome.  The Hill Country definitely represented with sunny blue skies and perfect weather.  The BBQ was great.  I broke out two new recipes with a new sauce  (we are cutting back to two sauces and I think you will like them both!) and a beef sausage recipe.  Great reviews on both.  Very happy! I have of course put some pics below.  A wonderful photographer took them (thank you Deborah!) and I hope you enjoy them.

So happy birthday Robert! I hope you enjoyed the grub as I definitely enjoyed making it!!  Tell me what other events call for a good BBQ.  I was told a wedding this weekend.  What do you think?

Thanks for listening and KEEP ON SMOKIN!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment