Monday, January 14, 2013

Houston BBQ

Today I was and still am in Houston.  If you have been reading this blog for long at all, you know when I travel I look for BBQ places.  Today I decided to try Pappa's BBQ, yes the same people behind Pappadeaux's and Pappasito's.  I tried them a long time ago and I have to say I wasn't too impressed.  I wanted to give them another chance and I am glad I did.  I tried the lunch special.  A half-chicken, sausage, salad and beans (Only 8 bucks too!!).  I also added a bit of brisket as I always try that anywhere I go.  Everything was very good.  One of the best sausages I have had in a long time.  The chicken was simple but moist and flavorful.  Brisket was ok.  A little bland but very tender.  So you are probably thinking "Dude!  How much do you eat?!"  Well, I just tried it and had leftovers for dinner tonight.  I am trying to eat better and writing a blog about BBQ makes that tough but I am doing my best! 

So there ya go.  If you are in Houston or in Dallas, give Pappa's BBQ a try.  it is definitely worth it.  Check out this link so you can see where your closest one is and check out the menu.  Here is a picture for ya too!!


So I hope you give them a try and always....  KEEP ON SMOKIN'!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You need to go to my favorite place- Pit Master BBQ on Sawdust Road. (right off 1-45 just south of The Woodlands) BBQ is all fantastic, but the cole slaw & potato salad are both also unbelievable. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great idea to me! I'm thinking we meet up there next time I am in town!

    ReplyDelete