Thursday, June 7, 2012

Hot sauce and home...

Well the Carolina trip is over and sadly, I had no Carolina BBQ. No time in the schedule and I know, I know. There is always time for good BBQ. Well, I stayed in last night and just had a sub. The sub place I went to had a ton of hot sauces and it got me to thinking. How many hot sauces do you really need? My personal opinion is that hot for hot's sake is a waste. I recently tried some scorpion sauce at a little shop in Fredericksburg, Texas. ( we will talk about that awesome town in later blogs). That sauce was so hot, it burned my tongue for almost an hour and had almost zero taste. Is that necessary? Do you need to prove how tough you are by eating super hot things? I love some heat in my food but a nice dusting of cayenne or a liberal amount of Frank's Hot Sauce (my favorite and I will eat it on just about anything) is enough heat for me. So I am headed home to have some BBQ sausages I made with some spicy mustard and Mrs. Bairds bread. You can keep the heat and I will take the taste. How do you feel about super hot stuff? Let me know!

2 comments: