Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sitting in the Windy City.... So I am traveling for work today and waiting on a layover in Chicago headed to Charlotte. Two cities that are somewhat familiar to the smoke. I have to say that I have never had BBQ in Chicago but I do love the pizza and have enjoyed my fair share of Brats watching a game at Wrigley. Heading to Charlotte makes me think of the numerous trips I have made there. I have to say my second favorite BBQ is in Charlotte, I hope everyone knows my first BBQ love. Carolina BBQ is unique and each place I have been there has been amazing. I dig the mustard sauce and have to say that I use Carolina basics when smoking my pork butts. Is there anything like a good ol' pulled pork sandwich with some tangy sauce and cole slaw. Awesome! Dang! It is 8:45am and now I'm hungry. My doctor is going to kill me...let's see.... Is there a BBQ place in O'Hare?......oh yeah, thanks for dropping by....I...I've got to go. Talk to you soon...excuse me, sir...do you know....

4 comments:

  1. Can you recommend a good BBQ sauce or two? I prefer more acidic sauces than sweet. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorite sauces is Salt Lick BBQ sauce. You can find it in most grocery stores. I would also recommend going to your local farmers market and trying different sauces there. You can usually find great stuff there and you are supporting your local businesses. Good luck and let me know if you find anything you would recommend. Thanks for the question. Keep em coming.

      Delete
  2. This blog makes me SO hungry!!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete