Thursday, June 14, 2012

Time to hit the road...

So I haven't written anything this week and for good reason.  I have been getting ready for a wonderful European cruise with the lady of my dreams.   I know this blog is about all things BBQ but please indulge me this one time to speak of something besides BBQ.  I am going to Europe for my honeymoon.  Just over two months ago I married the woman of my dreams.  I never thought it would truly happen but it did.  Tomorrow we leave on the adventure of a lifetime.  I am a bit of a history nut and getting to visit Pompeii, Rome and Pisa is simply  beyond words.  I can't wait to experience all of the history those places house.  We are going via cruise and I have been told by people that know (Cruising Squared, if you haven't checked out their blog, please do.  Amazing insight into cruising by people who know what they are talking about), that cruising is the best way to see Europe for the first time.  So I will be enjoying some wonderful food onboard and abroad and recharging the batteries with my special lady.  Enjoying the wonderful world we live in.  I hope you all have a wonderful couple of weeks.  Hold tight because when I get back, I will be roaring and ready to go with more BBQ knowledge, stories and insight than you can imagine.  Thanks for listening and keep on smokin!


2 comments:

  1. Don and Shannon...make the most of it, even when you feel exhausted. Go ONE more step (or five hundred), because it will be over before you know it. Can not WAIT for you to blog about it for us and tell us your favorite things, impressions, least favorite things, etc. Bon Voyage, kids!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Pam said -- enjoy every second, and take lots of photos! We want you to share all the "dets" for the blog. Here's a challenge for you, Don: Find the best BBQ restaurant in Europe. Ha! Seriously, you guys have a great, and safe, honeymoon. Love you guys and can't wait to meet Shannon.

    ReplyDelete