Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Rootin around in Razorback land....

Well this has been an interesting week.  I have been in Little Rock, AR.  I will tell you that downtown Little Rock is pretty nice.  They have some nice bars and restaurants there with some interesting people.  I did go to one BBQ place called The Whole Hog Cafe. http://www.wholehogcafe.com/   The ribs were very good.  Moist and tender and cooked just about perfect.  I was with a co-worker and she got herself a brownie for dessert but this boy went the the ribs for dessert!  Nothing like some smoked pork for dessert.   Well Whole Hog has several sauces and if you know me, I am not a fan of the sauce so much.  Some good Carolina Vinegar sauce on a pulled pork sandwich is great but that's about it.  Whole Hog had six sauces.  Now call me crazy but isn't that a little excessive?  They were all ok but none of them made me say, "Wow!  That was awesome.  Can I have that as a drink?"  


I make  three sauces.  I have what I call Shannon Sauce which is sweet and spicy (hence the name), a savory sauce that I haven't been able to name yet and Kakk's sauce.  Kakk's is very spicy and was handed down to me from my mom who had it handed to her from my grandfather and he had it handed to him from an old BBQ man in North Fort Worth.  I think I have spoken about sauce before but it can be such a huge topic, it never hurts to marinate a bit (I know...poor joke but couldn't resist)  I didn't touch on the potato salad but I think that is a topic for another day.....


Thanks for listening and keep on smokin!!



1 comment:

  1. A great blog, reading about the sauces made me hungry. I haven't had your BBQ in ages. Everyone should try it....delicious.

    ReplyDelete