Thursday, July 12, 2012

Road trip!!

I haven't been to the best city in the world in a while so I think it is time for a road trip and research.  Heading to Austin this weekend to see my awesome mother and stepdad.  We are going to help out the VFW Auxiliary (VFW is an amazing organization that helps veterans.  They do a ton for cancer research and you should help them out.  Check out their Facebook.http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-VFW/124432532534).  After we do some work for them, I am going to go and try to hit a couple of BBQ places for research. Yeah, that's what I will call it. Research.  Research is just a way to make me feel better about eating a lot.  I love to drive around and try new BBQ and get new ideas.  Every time I watch a show or go to a new BBQ shack, I get a new idea of what to do or what not to do.  What are some of your best cooking ideas and how did you get them?  I can tell you that the basis of a lot of my cooking is around how my family cooked.  My grandfather was one heck of a BBQ guy and I loved it. Still use some of his recipes.   


So drop me a line and let me know how you learned to cook.  If you have a great idea, let me know and I will give it a shot.  


Keep on smokin'!

1 comment: