Saturday, October 13, 2012

Game Day!!!

Hook Em!!!  Texas! Fight!  The eyes of Texas!

No BBQ review here today.  Just a brief word about today.  Today is the Red River Rivalry or Shootout or whatever is politically correct this year.  Big day in my household.  I will be hunkered down watching the game, tending the smoker while my brisket and ribs are going.  Waiting for the perfect meal to hopefully end a perfect day with a Texas win!!  BBQ and football just go together.  Today is just a great day. 

Today also makes me think of something else.  Today is not only Texas-ou but it is my dad's birthday.  My dad, my grammy and myself really had fun with today.  On the rare occasion when Texas would lose my grandmother would be the first to call my dad and tell him that ou won because they had better Texas boys than the Horns had.  Yes, I will admit here and in public.  I am 100% Texan but I do have okie blood as my dad was an okie.  I know, I know.  So Dad, I know you will be up there rooting for your sooners and I will be rooting for my Horns and I will miss you and Grammy and I just hope she doesn't elbow you and say, "You're Texans were better than our Texans."

I love you and miss you both and I will keep on smokin today thinking of you two.

2 comments:

  1. I reaaly love this post. Just wanted you to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It was always a big day and still is. Maybe next year will turn out better.

    ReplyDelete