Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Oldie but a Goodie!

I'm back.  Been awhile I know.  The road is quite a fun thing.  I've decided to make a change to the blog.  I tend to get long winded here. Going to focus on BBQ joints, recipes and Texas!  I will still go on a rant from time to time so just smile and say "Bless his heart."  

Oldie but goodie is right.  I went to visit an old customer today and stopped by a local BBQ joint in Bartlesville,OK.  Place has been there a while and overall the BBQ was ok but I didn't go there because they have some earth shattering rub or sauce.  I went there for the best side known to man.  Onion Strings!!!  Thinly, and I mean thinly, cut onions.  Lightly battered and deep fried.  A half order is as big as my head.  Take those things and put ketchup and their BBQ sauce (not a bad sauce either) and man, that is all you need.  I did try their brisket and sausage and they were ok but again, nothing to really cheer about.  But if you are ever in Bartlesville, OK, stop by Dink's Pit BBQ (Dink's BBQ).  Grab an iced tea and onion strings.  You will not be sorry!!!

Thanks for listening and keep on smokin!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the part about 'bless your heart'. Truly Southern.

    ReplyDelete