Thursday, October 4, 2012

Holy Mouse, Batman!! Where's the BBQ?!

So spent the last couple of days in Orlando Florida.  Great place if you are a kid or love freakishly large mice, not so much if you want truly unique food.  I think I have found the birthplace of the chain/theme restaurant.  Now don't get me wrong, there is absolutely nothing wrong with chain restaurants.  I love a good Chili's burger as much as the next guy but when you travel for a living, well let's just say I don't want my Chili's baby back ribs.  I went searching for a BBQ place last night and just couldn't find one.  I know there are good unique places there and it is a fun town but House of Blues is not what I personally call a BBQ joint and neither is BB King's  (BB King's on Beale St. is a different story by the way).  

So if you follow me on twitter (@trinitybbq67) or Facebook and were looking for a BBQ review and recommendation, sorry.  No such luck.  I'm sure I will be back soon so please send me your suggestions.  In fact, just tell me your favorite places to eat BBQ around this great country.  Would love to hear it.  BTW, if you are looking for a good app for your phone, download Texas Monthly's BBQ App.  It is on the app store.  Great app!

Keep on Smokin!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment